Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Infamous Question

I was lounging on the small couch at my Dad's last night, pressed just so into the corner of the cushions, drowning in the suitably slow, winding undulations of the late-night movie channel-when it happened. My sister's voice overpowered Forest Gump's stutter and even though I pretended not to listen, curiosity provoked my response.

“Do you want a Klondike Bar?” Was the question posed. I paused for a second and was hit with the sudden realization,

I've never actually had a Klondike Bar.

I quickly nodded and reached my hand passed the armrest of the couch, towards the kitchen island a where my sister sat. I swear she handed it to me in slow motion, (Forest Gump's emotional soundtrack added a special effect). I noticed that the ice cream was wrapped in shiny white paper, perfectly square and most likely cool. I suddenly had an overpowering craving for ice cream.

And then, when my fingertips were mere centimeters away from the glorious ice cream bar. My sister pulled her hand away-taking it with her. I straightened, ready to fight for something I've never actually tried before. For reasons beyond my own comprehension, I wanted that bar and I felt as if I'd do anything for it.

And thus the infamous question is posed.

What would you do for a Klondyke Bar?

Fortunately for me, the only action I had to take involved a hug and a secret handshake.

However, I am now aware of the incredible hold the offer of a Klondike Bar can have on a person. And I find it very dangerous.

Here's to Ice Cream and the ridiculous actions it causes.

Conclusion- Ice cream may be my weakness, but in my own defense it is my only one. :)

-MegaTron out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment