Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pre-Mother's Day Present Fiasco

On Mother’s Day, Mothers get flowers and chocolates. My mom told me ‘Absolutely no flowers.’ She is also currently on the infamous South Beach Diet.

Conclusion;

This isn’t going to be a cliché easy to obtain Mother’s Day gift. I’d have to be (god forbid) creative.


The first step in finding the perfect Mother’s Day gift is to leave it until the very last second.


The day before Mother’s Day I woke up slowly and stumbled out of bed into my daily routine of getting ready. The bathroom equipped with shower, is literally right next to my basement bedroom. So, if I felt like smashing a hole above my sink, I’d instantly have a nice view of my wardrobe. I’m not one to randomly smash holes in my wall though, so I’ll pass.


After slowly making my way into the bathroom and showering with an equally sluggish pace I start to wake up. Yes, sometimes I’m completely dressed before I realize I’m not sleeping in my bed anymore; call it sleep-dressing if you will.

This is about the time when my IPod dock turns on, blasting loud waves of techno music and I check my Batman calendar. It is also about the time when I realize Mother’s Day is tomorrow, and also about the time when I realize I’m screwed.


Over the next few hours I used the skill that multiple English classes have drilled into my head. I brainstormed.

This is the product of my brainstorming.


Yes, it is titled ‘Mumsi’s Gift Thing’

Yes, A Leprechaun and Noodle Art are indeed two items on the list of possible gifts,

Yes, there is a cow randomly on the middle of the page.

And yes, I 'wrote screamed' all over the paper.


As you can see I got nowhere. Then a savior ran down the hall and into my door (literally) in the form of my brother…Yes, he runs into doors, a lot.


My younger brother suggested an ITunes card, because my Mumsi had recently obtained an IPod touch, and had only 2 songs on it at the moment.


Conclusion: -There is a reason why my younger brother is a classified genius, and I am not.

-I am horrible at drawing. (Count the cow’s legs.)


Hope your Mother's Day was a whole lot less thought inducing than mine. :)


-MegaTron

0 comments:

Post a Comment