Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Hair Extensions

Halloween is the time of year that all little children look forward to. It is the time to dress up your child as their favorite super hero, send them off on their own to wander the neighborhood in the middle of the night and knock on strangers’ doors asking for candy. Not quite the most practical event, but I’ve heard of worse.

I normally partake in the festivities but this hallows eve I was scheduled to work, and let me tell you there is nothing duller than sitting around an empty grocery store at 8pm dressed in a checkered costume that itches. Yes, I dressed up to go to work, I put effort into my costume and I wasn’t going to let it go to waste. I wasn’t the only one dressed up though. I work with a woman, let’s call her Sally. She came to work as Cinderella, is around 5’7 and in her 40’s. Now, Sally is a lot like a big kid, literally, and when an old woman who lives across the road from the store came in complaining that she never got any trick-or-treaters. Well, I guess Sally made it her mission to make this night different. And so, promptly at 7pm when Sally had her 30 minute dinner break, the old lady opened her front door to see a 40-something year old woman, dressed in a princess gown and holding out a basket.

“TRICK OR TREAT!”

Another thing about Sally that really freaked me out that night was her hair. She cut off her hair at the beginning of the previous year, it was long and curly and I thought that she’d donated it to cancer wigs or something. Boy was I wrong. It took me a good chunk of time but I soon realized Sally was sporting a long pony tail of brown curls. So, I approached her out of curiosity.

“Hey Sally are you wearing hair extensions?”
She then grinned at me a pulled the hair clip out of the back of her hair, a large curly ponytail fell off and her hair was short again. She held the clump of curls out to me.
“Nope! It’s mine from when I cut it!”
“Wait so you saved it?”
“Yep! I keep it in a tin can.”

Conclusion: Sally is a nut bar.


-MegaTron

0 comments:

Post a Comment